I have put some of the finishing touches into the bedroom of my canal house, finally! Ceiling moulding, skirting boards, decorative trim around the windows, fire basket, curtain rod and curtains...All little things but they take up so much time! I think the bedroom looks a bit like a set from an old movie now...
When this was all finished I felt the room needed more lights. I didn't want to wait until the next dolls house fair so I rummaged through my drawers and found an old silver ..well I'm not sure what it was, but I could call it a 'jewelry finding'. I played around with it a bit, using some glass paint and silk string and made it into a very eclectic light to hang above the chest of drawers. It is a bit odd, I admit, but I rather like it.
I also wanted a light on the fireplace mantel. I started out making a 'candle in a bottle' type of light with a lovely red glass bottle I had. The bottle was great and I managed to drill a hole in it to thread the wire through, but the candle was looking a bit too crude so I put the whole thing aside. I then found a pretty clear glass vase in my drawer and decided to use that and make a little lampshade for it.
I am quite pleased with both lights. I will adjust the voltage a bit so they don't shine so bright, but that will be in the future. Photographing the bright lights was not easy! When I looked at the photos, I noticed a spot in many of them. Unfortunately this is a spec of dust inside my camera. That's what you get when you leave your camera in the same room as where the sawing and sanding is done.