New video tutorials...

 

Hello friends! 

It has been a while since I posted here, but after a few months with accidents and Covid19,  I finally have some news to share with you. 

During my inactive past months I enjoyed watching YouTube videos.  As I often get asked how I make my miniatures, houses and roomboxes, and to explain techniques I use,  I decided to breathe some life into my existing YouTube channel and make more videos for it. The new name of the channel is:

Click the photo to go to my YouTube channel

 

A few of the tutorials which featured on my old website will make a come-back in video format as wel as new tutorials on techniques, tools, building and making miniatures.  And  I will be exploring collections and designs, tips and ideas relevant to miniatures.  My mind is filled with ideas!

My equipment is nothing fancy and editing is loads of work, so this is not a fast process, but several tutorials and a tour of my first canal house are in the making. 


The first tutorial I ever did on YouTube was in 2008,  'Printing fabric on an inkjet printer' (part one and two).  These were followed three years later by  'Gilding miniatures with gold leaf'(part one and two).
Part three of 'Gilding miniatures with gold leaf' has now been published:


Click the photo to view the video



I hope you'll enjoy the video's.  Please join me on YouTube at:


  Make Miniatures with Josje.




Comments

  1. Hoi Josje, wat leuk om een nieuwe video te maken. Toevallig heb knettergek en startset vergulden voor mijn verjaardag gekregen van mijn vriend. Dus ik zal de video's met veel interesse bekijken. Succes met de toekomstige projecten.

    Groetjes

    Huibrecht

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Knettergek :-) Het ligt een beetje aan de lijm die je gebruikt, maar in feite is het heel makkelijk. Ik vind het geweldig, al dat goud in mijn poppenhuis. Bij jouw huis past dat ook erg goed.
      Dank je wel!

      Delete
    2. Ah, hoewel op mij toepasbaar is knettergek een cadeautje van de autocorrect. 🤭
      Ik bedoelde te zeggen: "toevallig heb ik net een startset"

      Verguldselde objecten en wandversieringen zullen zeker ook in mijn huis passen. Ik zal mijn best moeten doen om wel een beetje terughoudend te zijn. Binnenkort ga ik oefenen!

      Delete
    3. Hahaha! Dat soort cadeautjes zijn toch leuk!

      Welnee, bij vergulden past geen terughoudendheid ;-)

      Delete
  2. Dear Josje, I am sorry to hear you have had such a rough couple of months! It is good to know you have recovered! I love your new idea as it is sometimes hard to find old posts with the right instructions that one remembers reading long ago! I still intend to try my hand at gilding "one of these days"! Thank you for sharing and I hope your life is easier! Stay safe! And keep making minis! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Betsy, you always say the kindest things! The filming is a slow process, but I've got several in the works. I do enjoy learning and trying out new techniques and making these videos is definitely a learning curve, but still fun.
      I hope you are well!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the heads-up Josje, I'll check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Norma! It's a slow process, this video making and I've got lots to learn ;-)

      Delete

Post a Comment